Monday, May 30, 2011

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Heath Bar Cookies


As I said before, I love to bake. I went to visit my parents over the long weekend and at about 10pm on Sunday night, my mom and I decided to bake something. We tried to gather the ingredients for multiple desserts, but we were missing too many things and it was too late to go to the grocery store. We finally found a bag of Heath Bar Toffee Bits in the pantry, so we decided to build a cookie recipe around these. We ended up with Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Heath Bar Cookies and they were delicious! I think I ate about half the batch myself. It's a good thing my mom made me take both a weightlifting and spin class this morning to work off those extra calories! :) 

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter (crunchy or creamy)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup Heath Bar Toffee Bits
3/4 cup chocolate chips


Beat butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the sugar and brown sugar. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl. 


Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined.


Slowly beat in the baking soda, salt, and flour.


Add the toffee bits and the chocolate chips and mix briefly. (My mother and I could not find any chocolate chips, so we used a chocolate bar that we broke into small pieces).


If necessary, cover and chill the dough until easy to handle. 

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. 

Shape dough into 1-inch balls. My mother had a 1-inch baller scoop that worked perfectly, but this level of accuracy is not necessary. :) Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.


Either flatten cookies by making crisscross marks with the tines of a fork or press flat and add peanut halves in a decorative pattern.


Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Transfer to wire rack and let cool.


Enjoy!

~Ms. Baseball

1 comment:

  1. ahhhh Hi Ms. Baseball! I love the blog!!! :) I want to make these!

    ReplyDelete