Friday, June 3, 2011

My Random Friday Thoughts

As I have said, in being a baseball "wife" I am away from my pitcher much of the year. This leaves more time for me to spend really thinking. I don't know about you, but the longer I allow my mind to wander, the more random my thoughts become. I often find myself contemplating strange things, so I have decided that I will give you an insight into my thoughts today.

So do you ever have those conversations with people about life and the meaning of it and what the heck we are all doing? I had one of those conversations this week. It really got me thinking. It's strange to ponder the fact that we are just a tiny dot on this earth and an even more minuscule dot in the whole universe. 

As a small child, most of us think the whole world revolves around us and rarely think of other people around the world. But as we grow older, we gain a larger sense of the world and realize that there are billions of people and very few really know anything about us. 

I was thinking about my life and how lucky and fortunate I really am. I feel very blessed to have a loving family, a wonderful boyfriend, and a fantastic group of friends, just to name a few things. When I feel like something "terrible" and "earth-shattering" has happened to me, I always try to stop and take a step back to really get a good look at my situation. Those things that seem so awful to me, are often not really that bad. There are people in the world struggling with much larger issues than mine. Instead of worrying about my small problems, I should be praying for and trying to help those whose situations really are terrible and earth-shattering.

I really enjoy quotes. One of the wonderful women I work with (let's call her Chipmunk as this is her nickname she recently requested) has a dry erase board hanging up at her desk. Every few weeks, I find a new funny, inspirational, random...or just plain stupid quote to write on Chipmunk's board. It keeps us entertained. So since I love quotes, I would like to share a few of my favorites with you:
  1. "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34 (I also like the surrounding verses: Matthew 6:25-34)
  2. "Life's too short to wake up with regrets. Love the people who treat you right and love the one's who don't just because you can. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands. If it changes your life, let it. Kiss slowly, forgive quickly, laugh uncontrollably. Never regret anything that made you smile. And God never said life would be easy, he just promised it would be worth it." (I think technically this is more than one quote, but it's a good smorgasbord* of thoughts).
  3. And the quote that can currently be found on Chipmunk's dry erase board: "Work like you don't need the money, dance like no one is watching, love like you've never been hurt, and sing like no one is listening."
I hear the weather here in the Pacific Northwest is SUPPOSED to be beautiful this weekend, although, I have learned that you should rarely trust weathermen. 

I hope the weather is wonderful wherever you may be this weekend and that you can get out and ENJOY IT!

~Ms. Baseball

*PS: I thought I should offer you the definition to the word "smorgasbord" as I enjoy this word greatly and just looked it up on Wikipedia to determine the spelling. Smorgasbord: "In English this refers loosely to any buffet with a variety of dishes. In an extended sense, the word is used to refer to any situation which invites patrons to select whatever they wish among lots of pleasant things." (Thank you again Wikipedia). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment