Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Homemade Coasters


One fun part about getting to travel to visit my pitcher is that I get to meet new people. I love meeting new people, but I am always nervous to meet the other players wives and girlfriends. The women I have met in the past few years though are so sweet and so much fun! I've made some great friends.

I got the idea for these coasters from one of the awesome women I met. They were very inexpensive to make and turned out so cute! All you need is scrap-booking paper, tiles from Home Depot, felt, Mod Podge, and some super glue. Put them together, add a bow and you have an inexpensive and fun gift!

The first set I made for my pitcher's sister. I thought I would try something different on hers and cover the top, sides and bottom with the paper in order to completely hide the tiles. I would not recommend this. It was A LOT of extra work and you can't really tell the difference.


The second set I decided to make for myself with my favorite color, pink! Looking at them, I think my momma was right when she said they kind of look like the inside of a watermelon. Haha.


When my mom and I went to Joann's to buy felt, we found the best thing ever for these - glitter felt! We didn't even know there was such a thing as glitter felt. This matched the glitter scrap-booking paper very well!


This was a fun and easy project. You should head over to Wonderfully Made by Leslie to find out how to make these fabulous coasters. :)

Have fun!

~Ms. Baseball

1 comment: