Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fourth of July: Movies, Sun, BBQs & Rodeos!

It was so hard to get up at 5am this morning to get ready for work. I did not want to work after the beautiful long weekend here in the Pacific Northwest. It was a weekend filled with rare warm temperatures and sunshine! 

My weekend was busy and included a ton of fun things! It started with one of my sorority sisters pulling me out of the house late on Friday night for an 11pm showing of Transformers. I admit, although I was very skeptical, I kind of liked the movie. I went for an 8 mile run jog/walk with my best friend on Sunday after church. I then went to a BBQ on Sunday night and participated in all sorts of random shenanigans. On Monday, I relaxed in the sun for hours and ate some delicious food with Mrs. Bee.

I think the most interesting event I attended this weekend though was definitely a Rodeo in Southern Washington. This was my first encounter as an adult with a Rodeo. We witnessed events such as bareback riding, bull riding, barrel racing, team roping, kids sheep riding, as well as Mrs. Bee's absolute FAVORITE event: calf roping. We even got some delicious food and desserts and a shot of Pendleton Whiskey! Below are some pictures from our adventure.

This horse was wearing "leg-warmers" and was decorated with glitter:

The flags at the beginning:

The rodeo clown wearing a fat suit (he also performed an impressive dance in this fat suit):

Definitely Mrs. Bee's favorite event of the night - the calf roping:

The calf roping was really not her favorite part. She was traumatized and absolutely freaking out the whole time this event was going on. We had to get up and go take a shot of whiskey just to calm her down. You kind of had to laugh a little though. We were all dressed the part with cowboy boots and hats, but we were taking pictures of EVERYTHING, squealing and being ridiculous. The lady next to us (who had become our friend) even joked that we needed to get a life. 

Poor little baby cow...good thing I now know this doesn't hurt them AT ALL:

The cutest part was the small children riding the sheep. Each child would ride the sheep and then after they fell off, they would be interviewed by the announcer. They were saying some of the most adorable things! 

This child was determined to stay on:

This sheep definitely sat on this little kid's head:

Finally, I would like to share some of my favorite quotes from the weekend (which for some of them you may have had to be there, but we found them entertaining at the time):
  • I love horses! Wait, horses, is that right? Or is it horsi?
  • What is Cowboy Church? I feel like it's a real church...
  • That sheep just sat on your head!
  • Why would I go camping? It's like being voluntarily homeless for sport!
  • Nobody's arrogant at Christmas!
  • I hope you're sleeping in my backyard someday and I can light a firework in YOUR face!
That's all I have for tonight. I had one of my most eventful and entertaining weekends in quite some time. I hope everyone else had a wonderful Fourth of July weekend, too!

~Ms. Baseball

1 comment:

  1. Most amazing weekend! Love you friend (and not the calf roping ;) )

    ReplyDelete