Saturday, July 9, 2011

What If....

My pitcher and I were talking the other day and he mentioned to me that as a little boy he wanted to go to the University of Texas. This got me thinking about "what if..." When I was younger I wanted to go to the University of Oklahoma and be a cheerleader. Had I gone to OU or had my pitcher gone to Texas, we may not have ever met. I'm so glad we decided on the same college instead. It's interesting to think about how each choice you make has an effect on the rest of your life.

Another example of this that I have thought about is when you drive up to a car accident just moments after it happens. Had you not run back into the house to grab your gym bag or had you not eaten that bowl of cereal before you left, you could have been involved in that accident.

Looking back at choices I have made over time, there are some I am so glad I made. Some of my choices have led to great things and others have even kept me out of danger. Back in high school my parents took me to the Rose Bowl one year over New Years to see WSU and OU (SOOO fun!!). This was a great decision because not only did we get to go to the Rose Bowl, but back home, my friends got in a rollover car accident in a soft-top Jeep. Luckily, all of them had a seatbelt on, so everyone was okay. Had I not gone to the Rose Bowl, I probably would have been in the car and someone wouldn't have had a seatbelt on.

I am so glad I joined my sorority in college. I made some of my best friends in college through my involvement in the sorority. After I graduated, I am grateful for the city I chose to move to and the jobs I chose to apply for. I am so happy where I am and love doing what I'm doing. I am also glad I chose to attend the women's retreat at church a few months ago. Not only was I able to grow spiritually, I made some new friends which led to my involvement in an amazing small group.

Although one should not stress and worry over decisions*, it's interesting to think about the "what if..." and good to think about the consequences for our actions.

I hope you all have a beautiful Saturday! I definitely will as I am off to a Baseball game!! :)

~Ms. Baseball

*If you find yourself worried, please refer to my quote about worry in my post from June 3 titled "My Random Friday Thoughts." It's a good one! ;)

1 comment: