Monday, July 25, 2011

My 25th Birthday

I just celebrated my 25th birthday (ugh). This was kind of hard for me because I am now feeling a little old. I had such a fun birthday though. I am visiting my pitcher right now, so I got to spend most of the day with him and the rest of the day with the wives and girlfriends of the other players.

My pitcher took me to see the movie "Horrible Bosses" in the morning and then took me to the mall to do some shopping and to get some lunch before I had to drop him off at the field. After I dropped him off, the girls and I went to a flea market. I have to admit, I had never been to a flea market before. I had so much fun! I need to find some good flea markets around home. I fell in love with this adorable Pillsbury Dough Boy cookie jar, but I couldn't bring myself to buy it because I couldn't figure out how I would get it home. After much thought and after calling my wise mother, I went back the next morning and bought it though! :)

Isn't he cute?!

I tried to ship him home, but they wanted to charge me $28! That was more than I paid for him, so I moved some things around and somehow fit him into my carry-on bag. Hopefully he makes it home safe and sound!

After the flea market, I changed into my birthday shoes! I always wear these on my birthday! I feel like my birthday is the one day of the year that I can do whatever I want. This includes wearing hot pink heels to baseball games! ;)


Before heading to the game though, we went to grab drinks and appetizers. We found this adorable little cafe/bar downtown that had happy hour specials all night. We ordered delicious fondue that may or may not have had Velveeta cheese in it and some yummy drinks. I feel that birthdays are also days that you can indulge a little because calories don't count.

Lemon drop martini

A fancy raspberry puree martini

I also got a free "birthday cake" shot that tasted just like a birthday cake!

One of the girls was so sweet and bought me a cupcake from a shop next door. The girls felt that they all had to sing to me in the cafe which of course was mildly embarrassing. ;)

Vanilla cupcake with toasted coconut cream cheese frosting. Yum!

After the baseball game (where I even got to see my pitcher play!), we headed back downtown for dinner and more drinks. We decided to go back to the cute little bar/cafe since they had happy hour specials until close that night. I got to meet some of my pitcher's teammates who I hadn't met yet. Of course, they had to embarrass me some more by singing to me again.

I had a great time on my birthday and am so glad I got to spend the day doing fun things with people I enjoy. Let's hope 25 isn't as bad as it sounds! Here's to hoping this year will bring good things! ;)

~Ms. Baseball

1 comment:

  1. 25 is great!! I'm so glad you had fun, it sounds like a BLAST! and LOVE the cute shoes and cute cookie jar!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete